passageirosThe demand for rail passenger services has been growing over recent times. The company Ports and Railways of Mozambique - CFM has been making efforts towards satisfying this demand by helping to alleviate the distress and suffering of thousands of citizens who seek this service on a daily basis.

Our company subsidizes 85% of the travel cost and the passengers pay only the remaining 15%.
Right now, at the South Railway System, CFM operates daily passenger trains on Goba, Ressano Garcia and Limpopo Lines.
Apart from the long distance transport service, the company provides an inter-city passenger service connecting the City of Maputo and Matola-Gare Marracuene, thus ensuring the movement of thousands of people and goods.
In the Central Region, we have the trains connecting Beira City to Moatize Town, and Beira to Machipanda border town.
In the North Region, passenger transport is provided by CDN- Northern Development Corridor.
Our commitment and challenge is to find ways to allocate more resources for us to perform this essential service to our people with the necessary convenience, safety and efficiency.
It is a complex task due to the increasing costs that this challenging operation entails, but we must not disregard our responsibility in this area of public service.